Summer headbands make heads happy! This tutorial actually contains some numbers. Be forewarned, but don't be afeared.
Untutorial: Henny Headbands1. Dig through your fabric stash and locate a small-ish piece that would look good on top of your head.
2. Cut a 6-8" piece of 1/4" wide elastic.
2. Use a tape measure, scarf, or shoe lace to measure your head. Or better yet, grab a headband or headscarf that you already know fits your noggin.
3. Cut the fabric the length of your head minus about 6-8 inches x any width you like. Somewhere between 5-9 inches is about right. Could be bigger; could be smaller.
4. Fold the fabric in half and sew the long edge.
5. Turn the fabric "tube" inside out. (Please tell me you have a loop turner!?)
6. Stick one end of the elastic into one end of the tube (or turn under the raw edge first) and sew back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Repeat with the other end.